impending adj : close in time; about to occur; "retribution is at hand"; "some people believe the day of judgment is close at hand"; "in imminent danger"; "his impending retirement" [syn: at hand(p), close at hand(p), imminent]
- Approaching; drawing near; about to happen
- I have no time right now because of an impending paper submission deadline.
TranslationsApproaching; about to happen
- Spanish: inminente
- Dutch: nakend
- French: imminent
- Russian: приближающийся (približájuš'ijs'a), надвигающийся (nadvigájuš'ijs'a)
- present participle of impend (Approaching; drawing
near; about to happen.)
- The hurricane is impending.
about to be, already in sight, approaching, at hand, beetle, beetle-browed, beetling, brewing, close, close at hand, coming, forthcoming, future, gathering, going to happen, immediate, imminent, impendent, in danger imminent, in prospect, in reserve, in store, in the air, in the cards, in the offing, in the wind, in view, incumbent, instant, jutting, looming, lowering, lurking, menacing, near, near at hand, nearing, on the horizon, overhanging, overhung, pending, preparing, projecting, proximate, superincumbent, that will be, threatening, to come, upcoming, waiting